Resident Manager, Suisun
Dept.: Property Management
Job Code #: BPMC 14-01-262
Location: Suisun City, CA
Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
To Apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-799-4601. Please list the job code that you are applying for in the email or fax.General Description: Reporting to Property Supervisor, this position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the property, overseeing the physical maintenance and upkeep of the property, performing various administrative and clerical tasks, maintaining positive resident relations, and adhering to all applicable governmental rules and regulations.
- Follows the application process as established by BPMC in order to meet funding and legal requirements;
- Insures that vacant units are cleaned and in move-in condition within 5 days of resident move-out;
- Inserts ads in newspapers, as directed by BPMC;
- Responds to prospective resident inquiries;
- Interviews and shows vacancies to prospective residents;
- Maintains current file of application received and regularly updates the waiting lists of prospective residents;
- Conducts timely and accurate background checks of applicants and recommends prospective residents for acceptance;
- Works with Property Administrator at BPMC to prepare leases; reviews leases and house rules and regulations with new residents;
- Promptly and efficiently follows move-in and move-out checklist items, procedures and policies.
- Collects rent when due;
- Executes receipts for money collected;
- Serves late rent notices, 3 day notices and collects late rent and charges;
- Works with BPMC staff to keep accurate and complete rent roll including listings by unit of gross rent potential, rent paid, late charges, non-payment, etc.;
- Makes bank deposits of rents and other charges/fees received on a timely basis.
- Works with BPMC staff on the annual recertification of residents;
- Ensures that recertification requirements are performed on a timely basis in order to meet the property-financing requirements. Interviews residents and prepares forms for collection;
- Informs residents of the need to comply with recertification requirements and, when, necessary implements 30 day notices.
General Administration and Management
- Maintains office filing system according to BPMC guidelines and procedures;
- Keeps inventory of office supplies and maintenance equipment and arrange for purchases as needed. Secures approval of Property Supervisor for all purchases over $50.00;
- As necessary, receives invoices from all vendors and contractors and approves work performed by vendor. Submits invoices to BPMC for approval by Property Supervisor;
- Prepares and submits regular management reports for review by Supervisor and meets regularly with Supervisor to discuss on-going management issues;
- Is familiar with and understands property budget. As appropriate, recommends expenditures for potential inclusion in annual budget;
- Consults with Property Supervisor regarding office procedures and systems, maintenance projects, safety and security and budget;
- As applicable, collects money from laundry rooms and makes deposits to banks;
- Handles petty cash expenditures, maintains, thorough records and submits invoices;
- Attends and participates in BPMC management meetings.
- Conducts performance evaluations of janitor/maintenance staff and any other on-site personnel.
Physical Plant and Maintenance
- Receives service requests from residents during regular office hours. Ensures requests are taken care of on an on-call basis, to extent possible. Informs resident of any delay;
- Remains on-call a twenty-four daily basis to receive emergency service requests and authorizes, with Property Supervisor approval, emergency repairs.
- Assigns and supervises routine work of janitorial and/or maintenance staff and informs supervisor of concerns and issues;
- Supervises work of landscaping, exterminators, and other contractors and informs supervisor of concerns and issues;
- Obtains bids for performance of special maintenance or repair work and consults with supervisor in selection of vendor and supervision of outside contractor work;
- Conducts regular weekly inspections of common and storage areas, building exterior and grounds, records deficiencies, and takes appropriate action to improve the general appearance of the property;
- Conducts annual apartment inspections and follows-up on service needs during inspections.
- Participates in walk-throughs with supervisor and/or other BPMC staff to assess maintenance and condition of the property;
- Keeps current records of equipment inventory;
- Analyzes maintenance operations, suggests methods to improve service and reduce costs;
- As needed, performs maintenance and janitorial tasks.
- At initial occupancy, welcomes new residents, explains rental payment procedures, house rules, fire and safety procedures, and outlines other concerns and issues specific to property and/or the resident;
- Is available to residents during normal business hours for discussion of problems, concerns, complaints, and other issues;
- Organizes, conducts and participates in regular resident association meetings;
- Facilitates the organization of regular informational meetings from local community agencies and providers;
- Produces a monthly newsletter and/or calendar highlighting topics of interest to the residents;
- Works with local service organizations in the provision of services appropriate to the property;
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience preferred in apartment management, preferably including low income or affordable housing;
- Certification in Residential Apartment Management, desired but not necessary;
- Knowledge of property maintenance and physical plant up-keep requirements.
- Extensive public contact;
- Ability to handle detailed paperwork in a thorough and complete manner.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work independently, prioritize duties, meet multiple deadlines and work as a team member
- Able to ambulate 1000 feet without difficulty over varied grounds and terrain;
- Able to lift 25 pounds from a standing position;
- Able to lift objects overhead, pivot and return object to original position;
- Able to sit at desk for extensive periods of time.